Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Well what's up next?

So I am home from my retreat from this last weekend, figures it was on the coldest weekend of this year haha, and for the most part it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately ran into some heating problems which put a big kink in our creative processes, and our bones, muscles etc. haha ~ and gave the owners of The Barn Loft some idea that they need to make some upgrades, which they were already busy brainstorming about. I did get some layouts done, which when I have time I will get all scanned up so I can post some in here, I really think it's time I start thinking about investing in a digital camera, how simple it would be if I could just take pictures of my layouts ~ so I could post right away. I am hoping the facilities at the Scraptacular 2 event in Cold Lake are comfortable and warm ~ and hopefully I can sometime schedule in a retreat weekend in warm weather too, see what the difference is haha.

So today I am still chilled through and a bit tired, but as I have another cropping day long event this weekend in Spruce Grove I am hoping to get re-energized soon. The really nice thing about going to this first retreat is that I did put together a number of packages and only got through about 1/4 of them, so I should have lots to do for the upcoming event and the one at the end of February so packing should be a breeze. :-)

Looking forward to Saturday ~ and spending out in Spruce Grove with a bunch of my scrapbooking cronies, and being able to support my friend Kelly in one of the events she has organized. Going to have some great chat and inspire time with: Dawn, Mona, Andrea, Marguerite, Tammy, Kelsey and more I hope ~ and we can scrapbook to our hearts content for the day, and support a good cause, The Kinette Club out there. :-)

Going to be busy this week clearing all the space around my windows, so hopefully I will still be getting those replaced at the end of this week, but who knows what the fridgid tempertures will do to their schedule, have to wait and see. Tonight I am going to tackle my craft room haha, as it is the most work ~ once it is done I can breathe easier and then look forward to the new windows!

Wishing you all a great week!

2 comments:

MonaS! said...

Had a wonderful Saturday with you girl! It's great to hang out. Hope those windows get done soon!!!

Laura said...

Hey Sherri...sorry I've been a bit MIA and not visiting regularly...life is kinda hectic around here this last bit.
So happy you enjoyed your retreat despite the cold! I could really use a scrap related weekend away. Maybe one of these times we can scrap together..it is my mission to meet you in person before the end of this year!!