Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday Monday Monday .....

to all my friends who have "tagged" me on their sites of late, I will get to the tag never fear, though haha I won't have anyone to tag myself as you are the ones I chat with at all through my blog haha.

Well it was a very nice weekend, I went out by myself and joined my mom and her husband Ron out at the lake for a relaxing weekend. It was so nice and very much needed ~ just to be able to kick back and totally relax because well you have no other choice. Seems as if I missed too much of the summer this year, and will strive not to do the same next summer ~ too much work not enough play makes Sherri a very dull girl haha. I need my weekends back I have decided, and while giving up a second job I really enjoy (people, place) and the money that comes in from it ~ will be very much missed, my whole weekend and peace of mind will be a gain.

I keep waffling as to when, always something to save or pay for ya know ~ but I do know before the snow flies. Camping this weekend was so nice, we took a huge walk around the lake and went and viewed a few (from the outside) lake lots that are for sale, most with pre existing houses on them ~ my mom and Ron thinking of investing in a lake lot. I know it maybe a while coming yet for them to make a decision but it would be a definite plus to have a year round get away. When the world gets to be a bit much to be able to head out and not be too far from the city ~ just far enough to regroup and then get back at it.

I have been missing getting out on a regular basis and seeing my cropping friends, but they have all very busy lives right now and doesn't look like a meet up anytime soon. All fine as I have found a comfortable niche at home, and a great site for inspiration (Creative Scrappers) and I always have other lovely friends out there like Mel and Kelly that are a call away if I need some good ol' friend scrapping time. Fall is coming too and soon most will start back into regular routines, school starting, and while this brings it's own busy time ~ seems as if the scrapping world starts to come alive again.

Touched base with my friend Kelly-Ann this morning, it was good to hear from her ~ little Devlin is going through a bit of a rough spot, has a double hernia that he has been booked for surgery for, precious little one ~ and it will be nice when he is over these hurdles and can get to the business of growing strong and healthy. I am hoping to see her soon, she is going to try to come to Edmonton for a weekend and some good friend time, once the little one is finished his surgery and well onto healing. I can't wait to see her ~ and I hope that all goes very well with his surgery and his recovery and he is feeling tonnes better soon.

2 comments:

Laura said...

sometimes we have to make decisions that are for our own best interest...glad you could do that for yourself.
I'm pretty happy with my niche here too...only took 3 years after moving here but it's all good now.

I'll be thinking positive thoughts for little Devlin.

Take care my friend!

MonaS! said...

postive thots and prayers for Devlin. Have a good day my friend!