Wednesday, September 10, 2008

kinda been a tossy turvy week .......

Wednesday it is ~ though for some reason the week seems to be going impossibly slow and it should be Friday I think haha.

Tonight I am heading over to a Celiac "Anti-Panic" session - On the Celiac Association website it explains the session like this:

Linda and her helpers will take you on an imaginary trip to the grocery store. You will be shown a large variety of foods that are available, learn how to check labels, and how to use your kitchen wisely.
This is a fantastic way to learn how to eat well and be healthy on a gluten free diet. So, bring along your family, friends and, of course, your questions.

So I am not quite sure what to expect, but I am excited to give it a go ~ I know the more I learn to live a smooth day to day existence with Celiac Disease ~ the better off I will be physically and mentally. Some days I just feel very overwhelmed and trully lost as to how to do this, disappointed and down when I make slip ups (like today ~ had a beverage that did not sit well and now fighting to just stay sitting up straight) and lost ~ and then other days I am on the top of the world, feel like I could accomplish anything and have a new zest for life that is refreshing and uplifting, and all I want to do is share insight and love with everyone I care about haha.

Now the trick is to balance the two ~ and I have it made. :- )

My friend Kelly-Ann is traveling up from Calgary this weekend to spend a couple days in the city ~ and I can't wait! I have missed her terribly since she moved to Calgary, and though just lately we finally have been back on more of a regular communication basis (she took mat leave so we lost touch for a while until she could get internet access) it's just not the same as a face to face chat. So that will be a big highlight of my coming weekend ~

I hope everyone is having a lovely week!
cheers

1 comment:

Laura said...

hope the visit with your friend was great and that you were able to get some helpful information at session you attended!!