Sunday, August 9, 2009

Okay breathe in .... and exhale

I put my blog to rest for awhile ~ life has been a jumble of whirl wind events some amazingly joyful to others heart wrenchingly filled with sorrow ~ so I have been knocked of balance of any kind in the last hhhhmmmm looks like from my last blog post almost a year. My focus on life has shifted and changed ~ and I definitely in every sense of the words right now am a "Work in Progress" so why am I blogging again? Well I think I am looking for inspiration in life and drawing it where I can ~ I have just started reading the book "Julie and Julia" by Julie Powell and already by reading a few chapters I have been moved to get back to my blogging, if just to be recording my struggle and efforts to find out where I "fit" in the world. Life can be made "simple" but simple does not mean easy ~ and I know I have a long way to go before I feel settled and really can say I am content with where I am in the world. I am not afraid of some hard work though, and lordy knows I know alot about false starts, wrong paths, and getting up and regrouping in life ~ and this is just another phase where I need to do just that. I think though because I am not a young woman anymore I do have an added sense of "getting it" right this time, or actually feeling like I will come to a place where my soul will be at peace. I have a saying that I use often ~ when I feel a bit beaten down by life and circumstances that it is time to BOUNCE ~ meaning that when you feel like you have hit a rock bottom there is only one way to go ~ Bounce back up again. So I am on the bounce side, and I am searching ~ and I have a great need to find more energy, motivation, inspiration and good soul moments in my life. I know I have many changes that need to be undertaken, and there are many new experiences out there for me to live, and at the same time needing to keep the balance of things in life that need to be dealt with and just the work of living day to day life.

So for today I say "it's bounce time" and I think I shall go and read a couple more chapters of this book and then do some dishes ~ balance.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi Sher...I have missed bogging with you...glad you're back.
Sorry you've had a tough go of things but you sound like you are heading in a new positive direction.