Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wow the summer has flown .....

I can't believe how the last few weeks have flown by - sadly summer is coming to an end, and it is a bittersweet one. Full of some great new experiences and memories, and yet with school coming - for "my" kids off to college ~ it means some big changes. My "other" son, for this is a young man that has grown with my son ~ and is a dear member of our family ~ is off to Nova Scotia tomorrow on a Football scholarship - and though I am happy that he has this amazing opportunity, he is already deeply missed and it's going to be a somber reality when he is gone. I call my "kids" - one mine - two honorary :) the three musketeers because they are constantly together, and have formed such a strong bond - I like that my son has found some really good people in his life, and share his sadness at his best bud flying away. Life does change ~ and I am gearing up to embrace it more and more. Bring it on! I am ready for the challenges.

Cleaning today - and I found some bubbles - yep left over from a wedding or something ~ so I proceded to go out on my deck and spent about 15-20 mins blowing bubbles, just watching the amazing colors, interested in how far some of them went - loving the way they took off on the wind. I love bubbles - such a simple thing but more than therapeutic in a way. I am learning to bounce back quicker and quicker from disappointments or false starts, shifting my direction towards more solid ground and better building blocks. :) Listening to fate a bit more ~ and trying to learn the lessons as they are delivered the first time. Last night was a good example - I was suppose to go and enjoy an event out of the city - with people I have not touched base with for a good long while - some school graduates - wasn't sure if I was even wanting to go. I got all dressed and ready to go, but my vehicle had other plans - and home I came. I was feeling quite put out and upset - but I just simply went to bed because today is a new day - and obviously wasn't meant to go out that evening. Today is a new day - today is a bubble day haha.

Going to be a busy week - I have recently joined some meetup.com groups to spend a little more time getting to know more people in the city I love, as well as maybe seeing a bit more of the city. So among coffee nights, and movie nights, and walking nights - this week is going to be a busy one in the evenings ~ which is good as at work right now I am under some pressure and stress - big project coming up that relies on my know how and clear head (ha ha who knew?) so the days will be long and full, and really glad that I have enjoyable things to look forward to in the evenings to decompress.

Balance - that is what I am striving to find in life a bit more, the dips and hard times - the sad moments, need a balance of joy ~ and this I am well on my way to finding a path.

Deep breathe - back to cleaning haha - bubble play time over, and I wish you all a very good week!

Cheers

No comments: